If you are running a company:
- Thou shalt never hire in haste.
- Thou shalt reward only accountable people.
- Thou shalt seek advice from those who do the work.
- Thou shalt focus on what is wrong before who is wrong.
- Thou shalt not equate seniority, credentials or even experience with performance.
- Thou shalt rely on facts before opinions.
- Thou shalt honor results and quality over activities, and effectiveness over efficiency.
- Thou shalt set individual goals with each employee.
- Thou shalt not dwell on past mistakes.
- Thou shalt resist the temptation to believe that control of resources and of authority yields respect.
If you are thinking about the future — and would like to discuss the direction, performance, or leadership of your company — or your career, click tab above to go to the contacts page.