Career Transition vs. Career Development
Looking for a better job because the one you have isn’t your dream career? Been downsized? Right sized? Reorganized? Eliminated? Laid off? Demoted? Transferred?
Don’t feel alone – there were millions of people who changed careers this year – more than half because it was THEIR choice to seek a better life.
This is called career transition and I’m coaching people like you right now!
Here’s what they say are the reasons they want me for their coach:
- “My boss is a toxic manager who takes all the credit and gives none to those who deserve it.”
- “My company is in a continual struggle for market share, profit margins, and it seems there is no end.”
- “I sense that my position is in jeopardy.”
- “I’m not paid what I deserve.”
- “I hate that I’m feeling trapped.”
- “This is NOT what I want to do for the rest of my life.”
- “I want more enjoyment from my work.”
- “I’m not succeeding as fast as I think I should.”
- “I want things to run more smoothly.”
- “I’m tired of the relentless stress at work.”
As a business and life coach I work with clients who are mostly satisfied with their current employment situation with one exception . . . they feel that their upward professional progress is slowed or stalled, and they can’t get “unstuck”.
This is career development. There are many people who are not focused on their own success and while they desperately want to improve their chances, they don’t know what steps to take.